It doesn’t take much to please us; a beach chair, a cold drink, sunshine, and an ocean breeze usually do the trick. But sometimes you just need to eat! And eat well! We’ve gathered together some of our favorite beach treats that are perfect individually as a mid-day snack or make them all for a filling spread for your next beach party.
Notorious Poolside Dip (Courtesy of Lea P. of HometrendsUtah)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, finely diced
- 2 Jalapenos, finely diced and seeds removed
- 1 Can of Corn (we prefer shoepeg)
- 1/2 can of diced olives (we used one half of a 4.25 oz can)
- 16 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 packet of Ranch Dip seasoning mix
Mix all ingredients together and serve with veggies, Wheat Thins, Triscuits or pita chips.
Fruit Pizza (Courtesy of HungryHappenings)
- non-stick baking spray
- 1 tube Pillsbury Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1 cup Philadelphia Ready to Eat Cheesecake Filling*
- 1 cup lemon curd
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
- fruit panels
- blue – 1 pint blueberries (or blackberries, purple grapes)
- red – 1 pint raspberries (or red grapes, watermelon, strawberries, currants)
- yellow – pineapple (or yellow melon, yellow peaches)
- green – 2 kiwi (or honeydew melon)
- orange – 2 apricots (or cantaloupe, oranges, ripe peaches)
- white – 1 banana (or pears, apples) tossed with some lemon or lime juice
- center circle – 2-3 strawberries (you could use any color fruit here)
Bake cookie dough on a round pizza pan according to package directions. Set aside and allow to cool completely. Mix together cheesecake filling, lemon curd, and whipped topping. Spread mixture over cooled cookie. Create beach ball design with fruit suggestions listed above. Slice and serve. Keep chilled.
Taco Pizza (Courtesy of LifeInTheLofthouse)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated Pillsbury pizza dough
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2-3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I used Colby and Monterey Jack cheese)
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 4 green onions, chopped
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Brown ground beef in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning to the ground beef according to package directions.
Unroll pizza dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. (I used a 10×15 inch cookie sheet). Let dough sit at room temperature for 5 minutes. Press dough over the bottom and up along all 4 sides the of cookie sheet. Bake pizza dough for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from oven. Place refried beans into a microwavable-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir well and then spread beans evenly over the top of the warm pizza crust. Top with the cooked ground beef mixture, sprinkle with cheese and then add the tomatoes, black olives and green onion. Return to oven and bake another 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately and enjoy!
*Adults Only Bonus! 4th of July Finger Jello
- Cherry Flavored Vodka
- Blue Curacao
- 1 (6oz) box Cherry Jello mix
- 1 (6oz) box Berry Blue Jello mix
- 4 envelopes Knox unflavored gelatin
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
Spray a 9×13-inch pyrex pan with nonstick spray.
Make the blue layer: In a medium bowl, mix the blue Jell-O with 1 envelope of the unflavored gelatin. Add 2 cups boiling water and stir to dissolve. Cool to room temperature. Add 1/2 cup blue curacao and pour into the prepared pan. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, or until quite firm.
Make the white layer: In another bowl, mix sweetened condensed milk with 1 cup boiling water. In a separate small bowl, sprinkle 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin over ½ cup cold water. Let stand for a few minutes and then add ½ cup boiling water to dissolve the gelatin. Add to the milk mixture and stir to combine. Cool to room temperature. Add 1/2 cup Rumchatta and pour the white layer over the firmed-up blue Jell-O layer. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until quite firm.
Make the red layer: In a medium bowl, mix the red Jello with 1 envelope of the unflavored gelatin. Add 2 cups boiling water and stir to dissolve. Cool to room temperature. Add 1/2 cup cherry vodka and pour over the firmed-up white layer. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until firm.
Slice into individual servings (small enough to hold in your hand), scoop out with a small spatula, and serve.
You’ll need a full-size kitchen to whip up these awesome eats so be sure to book your vacation rental through Elliott Beach Rentals. Our beach vacation rentals all have FULLY EQUIPPED Kitchens! Visit NorthMyrtleBeachTravel.com