Updated April 19, 2016
Sometimes the best attractions and things to do or see are often under-advertised. Some of these are local secrets. They provide a respit from the hussle and bussle of the normal beach vacation. Check this list out from something new and different on your vacation.
1. Visit Waccatee Zoo:
This hidden zoo if great for the whole family and offers some shelter from the sun along its shady walks. You are sure to see a beautiful peacock strolling the property.
2. Visit Conway and stroll the RiverWalk and the shops/museum along Main Street
Along the riverfront, you can enjoy taking a stroll on the Riverwalk or visit Riverfront Park at the Conway Marina.
Downtown Conway has experienced a resurgence of the qualities which have traditionally made downtowns so popular: quality of merchandise, wide selections, reasonable prices and friendly people. The downtown area provides shopping from antiques to fashion wear, gifts to crafts, and galleries to novelty shops.
3. Go horseback riding along the oceanfront or through secluded trails
Inlet Point Plantation Stables
3. Visit Indigo Farms to see the petting zoo and get a frozen Apple Cider Slushie
4. Visit Bellamy Farms to pick up fresh produce
Pick your own strawberries and savor some of the best produce in the county at Bellamy Farms.
5. Take a kayak down our beautiful waterways.
6. Skip the big beachwear stores and stop in a local surf/skate shop: Berts & Village
Bert’s Surf Shop
7. Visit La Belle Amie Vineyards or The Grapeful Sisters
La Belle Amie
Be sure to check out other our other lists of Things To Do HERE.