Looking for a vacation rental house or condo to stay in during a vacation? Searching can be tiring. Are you willing to spend the time and effort to provide safety and comfort for your loved ones? Looking for vacation houses or condos can be confusing and troubling. There are those who expect a lot from their vacation rental home and others who want a simple home with a great view and fewer amenities.
When making your choice, you should look for the most cost effective and the most accommodating vacation rental for your family. Step by step decisions should be made when considering what property to rent:
1) Only select the best and most trusted sites when inquiring about vacation rentals. Learn to look for the property that suits your entire family’s needs.
2) Plan the number of beds as well as the number of bedrooms that your family will need. Many of our 4, 5, & 6 bedroom rentals can sleep upwards of 16-26 people! Choosing a smaller home that accommodates a larger number of people can save you hundreds!
3) Be sure to consider the health/medical needs of your loved ones. If someone in your family has trouble with stairs, make sure you know whether or not an elevator is available for their use.
4) If internet access is a requirement for a member of your family, be sure to check that the homeowner of the property you choose provides internet access. Additionally, if web access is required for work or school make sure you have a back-up plan. Just like your home, internet connections can fail unexpectedly and may take a day or two to repair. Keeping a list of nearby libraries is the best Plan B for those circumstances.
5) If you utilize specialty cookware or food preparation appliances, be sure to ask if the property provides them for you. Most vacation rentals have the basic necessities, so bring your blender from home if you know you want to make margaritas! Kettles, Crockpots, and muffin tins fall into this same category.
6) Be sure to bring along a cooler or two. When you arrive at your vacation rental the refrigerator will be empty. If you pack it full of room temperature bottled water and soda cans it will take much longer for the temperature in the refrigerator to regulate. Many think that their refrigerator is broken for this very reason. It is always best to plan to have bottled and canned drinks in coolers for the duration of your stay and slowly add them to the refrigerator.
7) Bring plenty of extra beach towels!
8) Finally, make sure you know the exact location of your rental home. Here in Myrtle and North Myrtle beach many of our guest’s are confused by the similarity of addresses along the strand. North Myrtle Beach and Myrtle Beach are separate cities entirely! This means that many of the homes and condos have matching addresses in each city. Myrtle Beach has a North and South side and so does North Myrtle Beach. Be sure you know the exact address of your vacation rental and it’s zip code and city name.
If you have any questions, make sure to call before your arrival and speak with one of our knowledgeable vacation specialists. Be patient when voicing your concerns and requirements.