Follow these guidelines to have a safe weekend during 2013′s Bike Week festivities:
- Respect motorcyclists as motorists.
- A motorcycle is a vehicle with all the rights and privileges of any other vehicle on the roadway.
- Look out for motorcyclists.
- At intersections watch for motorcyclists making left turns and on the highway watch for them making lane changes.
- Don’t follow a motorcycle too closely.
- Allow enough room for the motorcyclist to take evasive action.
- Anticipate a motorcyclist’s maneuver.
- Predict evasive actions. Obstructions that you may not perceive as a threat to you in a car may be deadly for a motorcyclist.